Sunday, October 27, 2013

During the presentation of Grief Girl, there was a really interesting slide that said "Life's Not Fair" on it. I'm enjoy typography, or the style and appearance of written words, and the slide had fantastic typography on it that inspired me to draw more of my own. I found the title of Girl, Interrupted intriguing when I found out that it is based off a painting that the author saw at the Frick Museum. Then, Service made me slightly scared when I heard about the cities where the author was serving. He said that "Every window could have a shooter," which is really scary and makes me surprised that he would risk his life like that. I was disgusted when I heard that the author of A Million Little Pieces started drinking at the ago of 10 and began doing drugs at the age of 12. It's really sad to hear that anyone would do drugs, especially at such a young age, so the novel did not appeal to me at all. I also was surprised when I heard he had a huge conflict with Oprah over the facts in the book, but was happy to hear that she was a nice person and apologized to him for how angry she got. A Stolen Life sounded really interesting to me because the story is so unbelievable and happy in the end because she gets found. Everyone teaches children to run away when somebody asks them for help, but sadly she got tased when she tried to run, which makes me sad. However, I'm very happy that she wrote the book to tell everyone in the world about the horrible things the man did to her. It makes me happy because he did not want anyone to find out about what he did, but she stood up for herself and told everyone about the awful things that he did. Finally, it gave me hope hearing that she hadn't written her name in 18 years while she was captured, but finally got to after she was saved. Finally, The Pact inspired me because one of the authors wanted to be a dentist since he was 8 years old and he followed his dreams to eventually become one. It was also really inspiring to hear that all 3 writers grew up to be very successful doctors or dentists, showing that you can achieve anything you want as long as you work hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment