Sunday, October 20, 2013

I found Angela's Ashes to be very depressing because almost every child in the book dies. While on the other hand, Don't Put Me In, Coach, seemed like a memoir with a very odd style of humor. It was a very immature style of humor that might appeal to someone, but didn't necessarily interest me. Another BS Night In Suck City obviously has a very interesting title. I also think it is really interesting that the homeless shelter that the main character worked at happened to be the exact shelter that his dad would walk in to when he needed it. I noticed in Through My Eyes that the mother was supposed to die when she had her son, but she didn't which made the memoir sound like it has a lot of hope throughout it. The Big Jump had a fantastic quote stating "Nothing is impossible, until someone does it." The quote is an obvious one, but nobody would really think of saying that which interested me. I also enjoyed the quote because it's inspiring, saying that people should achieve what nobody has ever done because then they will be making the impossible, possible. I also liked how the presenter showed the connection to the title, The Big Jump, with the memoir itself, being about a jump from motor cross to race car driving. Scar Tissue showed me how messed up the authors dad is because he introduced his son to drugs, and at a very young age, which I think are both wrong. A Compassionate Approach on Addiction Intervention talked about how the author had his life changed when he went to the same asylum that his sister did, even though she actually needed to be there when he did not. And I like that he started speaking at interventions to help others after he had been cured. I was interested in The Last Lecture because the author achieved every single dream he made when he was a kid, which really inspired me. I also really enjoyed his ideas about achieving dreams and his positive outlook on everything. Finally, A Long Way Gone scared me when I saw the video of the man who had his fingers cut off and was force to kill his own son. I think that it's good that the author fights to save child soldiers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment