Tuesday, September 3, 2013


I love to train my body and mind through a sport called parkour. Parkour is a way of movement, overcoming obstacles by jumping from one to another, swinging on rails, and doing flips as well because they are fun. Parkour is still a growing sport so not everybody knows about it, but more people find out about it every day. I train hard to make my body stronger so that I am able to jump further, swing further, and just be able to do difficult movements. I train my mind through parkour by practicing big movement that scare me. The fear is enough where I know I am able to make a jump, for example, but my mind is still slightly scared that I may hurt myself while doing it, although I know in the back of my mind that I will not hurt myself. The more that I trained with my friends, the closer I got to them and we decided to come together and make a time called Gremlins Parkour because one our friends called us that one day. We are growing bigger every day and want to keep it going forever. I enjoy every part of parkour and will continue to do it for the rest of my life.
 Another important part of my life is film making and photography. I love cameras in general and making films with them, as well as photographing moments in life, is one of my favorite things to do. I incorporate it into parkour by filming my friends and I training whenever we do movements that impress us. Editing the video together is really fun because sometimes it gets difficult to make the footage look very good with the song. It is a great feeling when others are really impressed by something that you have filmed and edited together into a video. Finally, photography is another passion of mine. I enjoy taking photos of parkour movements that make people wonder what is going on. Flips are really interesting to photograph because if you capture it at the right moment, it makes people confused and they look at the photo longer wondering how the person got upside down like they are in the photo. I have fun taking photos, creating films, and love to show people what I have created.

The best experience in my life was when I became a part of Move to Inspire. Move to Inspire is a team of parkour athletes that make videos, travel, teach, and help build the parkour community. It is run by my good friend Vinnie Coryell and he sponsors either athletes. When he asked if I wanted to be sponsored I gladly accepted the offer because he is a really close friend of mine and I really wanted to meet the other sponsored athletes. Being sponsored allows me to get free clothes and other things. As the team grows I will get opportunities to travel to different states for large gatherings and I will be able to teach workshops at various camps. I am really excited to see what comes and the future and I am happy to be a part of Move to Inspire. Getting sponsored was one of the best experiences I have had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment