Sunday, September 22, 2013

I have never met any of my family members that have gone to war because they either live very far away or have passed on. My grandpa Ray Wilson was in World War 2 and my uncle Vinny Dimsel was in the Vietnam War, however I never met either of them. I have heard stories of P.T.S. on the television and in books, but never personally. All that I know about P.T.S. is that it stands for Post Traumatic Stress. Anyone that has had a very traumatic situation can get P.T.S. It is flashbacks that bring the person back to the traumatic situation that they may have experienced. The person feels as if they are having the same experience all over again. It can be really scary and brings back bad memories. The person is not able to control what they are imagining and other people can only try to help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment